How do I prepare for SSC CGL at home/without coaching? : मैंने बिना किसी कोचिंग के यह परीक्षा पास की है। यहां तक कि मैंने बाजार में उपलब्ध मानक किताबों से ही पढ़ाई की थी।
लेकिन शुरू करने से पहले, तैयारी से पहले आपको मेरी योग्यता और मेरे ज्ञान के स्तर के बारे में बताना उचित होगा। ताकि आप इस उत्तर की बेहतर सराहना कर सकें।
योग्यता : बीई (कंप्यूटर)/ Graduate
ज्ञान का स्तर:
1. गणित: गैर-गणित पृष्ठभूमि के छात्र आमतौर पर स्टीरियोटाइप इंजीनियर होते हैं कि सभी गणित में अच्छे होते हैं। इसमें कोई संदेह नहीं है कि हम आर्ट्स और कॉमर्स के छात्रों से आगे हैं। हम इसे उनसे ज्यादा तेजी से सीख सकते हैं। हालाँकि, तथ्य की बात यह है कि हम सभी संपर्क से बाहर हो गए हैं और यहाँ तक कि हमें गणित में अच्छे अंक लाने के लिए कड़ी मेहनत करनी पड़ती है।
2. अंग्रेजी: हालांकि मैं अंग्रेजी माध्यम स्कूल में पढ़ता था, फिर भी मैं अंग्रेजी में बहुत गरीब था। आप अंग्रेजी के मेरे ज्ञान का अंदाजा इससे लगा सकते हैं “जब मैंने पहली बार अंग्रेजी के लिए एसपी बख्शी खोला, तो मैंने अपने दोस्त से पूछा कि कौन सही है वह नाचता है या वह नाचता है”।
3. सामान्य जागरूकता: GA का मेरा ज्ञान इतना अच्छा है कि मैंने 2013 की टीयर -1 परीक्षा में 2 अंक प्राप्त किए।
4. तर्क: CGLE की तैयारी शुरू करने से पहले मैंने कभी भी तर्कशक्ति का अध्ययन नहीं किया। हालाँकि, पिछले वर्ष के पेपर का विश्लेषण करने के बाद, मुझे अच्छे अंक प्राप्त करने का विश्वास था क्योंकि मुझे यह बहुत कठिन नहीं लगा।
पहला प्रयास: मैं टीयर-I भी क्लियर नहीं कर पाया था।
दूसरा प्रयास: इस बार मैं बहुत गंभीर था। मैंने फैसला किया था कि मैं मौके के लिए कुछ भी नहीं छोड़ूंगा।
MATHS: M. Tyra. हालाँकि इसमें MCQ आधारित प्रश्न नहीं थे, फिर भी मुझे यह कॉन्सेप्ट क्लीयर करने के लिए बहुत अच्छी किताब लगती है।
LUCENT’S HIGHER MATHEMATICS PART-2: जैसा कि MTyra ने ज्यामिति और बीजगणित खंड को कवर नहीं किया। मुझे इस किताब से ज्यामिति और बीजगणित को कवर करना था। मुझे यह बहुत अच्छी किताब लगती है।
ENGLISH: SP Bakshi. यदि मुझे इस पुस्तक में कुछ समझने में कठिन लगे, तो मैंने उसे ऑनलाइन खोजा। ग्रामर गर्ल और कुछ अन्य ब्लॉग बहुत मददगार हैं।
VOCABULARY: मैंने TOI अखबार का पहला पेज, एडिटोरियल और स्पोर्ट्स पेज पढ़ा। मैं उन सभी शब्दों को चिन्हित करता था जिनके बारे में मुझे लगता था कि मैं स्पष्ट नहीं था। ऐसे कई शब्द हैं जिन्हें हम सोचते हैं कि हम जानते हैं लेकिन जब हम परीक्षा में समान दिखने वाले विकल्पों को देखते हैं तो हम वास्तविक अर्थ के बारे में भ्रमित हो जाते हैं। मैंने पर्यायवाची शब्द, विलोम शब्द, शब्द के उपयोग और शब्द के साथ प्रयुक्त पूर्वसर्ग के बारे में सब कुछ सीखा। मैंने इस गतिविधि को 60 दिनों तक बिना किसी शब्द को गँवाए किया। केवल शब्दों के अर्थ और उपयोग के माध्यम से जाना। कुछ बुनियादी समझ होने के बाद मैंने अच्छे शब्दों की सूची बनानी शुरू की। मैंने जानबूझकर अपनी शब्द सूची को 200 तक सीमित कर दिया।
I liked cricket. So I read article on CricInfo website written by some very good writers. It really helped me. Believe me, There was no single word in Tier1, Tier 2 which was out of the 200 word list I prepared including Re-exam (There was a re exam in CGLE 2013).
उपरोक्त अभ्यास ने मुझे वाक्य सुधार, क्लोज़ टेस्ट और निश्चित रूप से विलोम और समानार्थी शब्दों में मदद की।
IN Tier-2: I had exhaustively prepared for Jumbled sentences. I made special notes for this section. I identified this section to be my weakest. This exercise paid me at last, as I had scored 25 out of 25 in this section.
Like-wise I had made topic-wise notes for the difficult sections in English, Maths, and reasoning to boost my chances.
REASONING: अन्य वर्गों की तुलना में, यह एक बहुत ही सरल खंड है। केवल बहुत चुनिंदा प्रकार के प्रश्न जो बहुत कठिन होते हैं। आपको केवल उन प्रकार के प्रश्नों पर ध्यान देना चाहिए।
When compared to other sections, this is a very simple section. Only very selective types of questions which are very difficult. You should only concentrate on those types of questions.
General Awareness: You know I am not even allowed to speak on this topic. I have scored mind blogging 2 marks. However, Experts suggest Lucent.
Strategy: I stuck to my Notes, and books till selection.
I solved very selective test series papers. I had a very different approach for solving test series/model question papers.
I had scored 134 marks in Tier I. In tier II, I got 19th rank all over India. I have been selected as an Income tax inspector.
If you are determined, you can achieve. Just be consistent and believe in yourself. There are more than one ways to achieve your target.
I never took coaching classes and only referred standard books. If you need any help I am always there to help you and if you are in Ahmedabad feel free to come home. I will help you.
I am recommending here some sources which you can use for preparing SSC exam. Every aspirants should make their own strategy which suits according to their timeframe.
Important topics for math :-
1. Number system : Really tricky , atleast 5 questions in mains
2. Algebra : High weightage
3. Trigonometry : 5 questions minimum, a bit difficult
4. Mensuration : High weightage/ Scoring , around 10 questions
5. Cyclic quadrilateral and its properties : one of ssc’s most favourite , if there is a diameter, then there is a right angle
6. Similarity of triangles : again one of ssc’s most fav , if you see parallel lines in a triangle , look for similarity , area based questions are frequently asked
7. Centers of triangle ( incenter, circumcenter etc) Important
8. Right angle triangle, related properties , triplets ( must memorise)
9. Circle : properties of tangents and secants , alternate segment theorem( important) , concentric and intersecting circles
10. Percentage : This chapter is base of arithmetic , if you know this, you can easily attempt CI/SI, profit loss, mixture and allegation ( most important )
11. DI(Data interpretation): Best thing about DI is , it is just calculation, no theorem , no property. 8–9 questions will be asked and if you have time, you will do it right.
Arithmetic : rakesh yadav arithmetic or any other arithmetic book , written for CGL specifically
Advance : rakesh yadav advance maths OR Advance maths by abhinay sir
Previous yr : 7300 ( solutions are good, some tricks are there ) or you can do previous year papers from PDFs freely available.
Vocab : SP Bakshi + Previous yr vocab( most important, cgl 2015 onwards all shifts )
Grammar : mirror of common errors or Neetu singh ( completely in english )
Previous yr : MB publication ( this will also add info in your vocab and grammar part )
Reading : previous yr Reading Comprehension either online or from any book, any other reading source you find comfortable
cloze test : reading+ grammar+ vocab should be done to master cloze test
3.Reasoning : book is not needed here , but if u want to, purchase any
this section of ssc syllabus has no challenge to offer, previous yr + mocks are enough
4.Gk: lucent, ncert (online pdf) , previous yr questions , monthly CA modules
for mains , no need for a new book , same books should be revised .
Keep your sources limited and to the point.
NOTE]THE DETAILED STRATEGY IS WRITTEN AFTER SPEAKING WITH ASPIRANTS WHO CLEARED THE EXAM.
how to crack ssc cgl 2017 by self study .SSC every year announces CGL (combined graduate level) exam to fill various seats in government departments. Every year students prepare for SSC CGL exam without coaching or self study. From every corner of the country several students fill the form for the relevant posts.
It has been a Deadlock that you cannot crack an entrance exam without going to so called “Coaching Centres” and spending large amount money and time on it. But gone are the days when you had to depend on a person to guide you to reach your goal. Our generation is far more furnished with knowledge and talent. We can do anything on our own. So forget about those fancy Coaching Centres, believe in yourself and start preparing with us that too “FREE OF COST”
Now the Question arises: How to Get Started SSC CGL Preparation?
First thing that aspirants have to do is to go thoroughly through the examination syllabus. It will give you a wise perception of the paper that you are appearing for and to decide study plan for the exam. Because only after knowing the entire syllabus, you will look for SSC CGL book or study material for SSC CGL.
Here, we are discussing about the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam. So let’s have a look on the New Syllabus and Pattern of Tier 1
Fundamentally SSC combines of 4 subjects
- General English
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
CHANGES IN SSC CGL PATTERN:
- Now SSC will conduct both Tier -I and Tier II exam in online mode.
- Introduce a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- Reduce the time limit for examination of Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
- Tier II will remain same.
- No Sectional Cut off.
Analyze and make study plan
Make study plan After getting all the details about the Exam, you should analyze the topics in which you are strong or weak. The topics in which you are weak, needs more attention and time for preparation.
We will help you with section wise preparation strategy and study plan with important points and topics, to make your preparations easy.
Reasoning is generally a scoring subject as it takes only thinking ability of a candidate. If the candidate is able to apply it, he can easily score well in this section. Unlike numerical skill in reasoning section you don’t have to learn some formula and solve question by applying that formula. You just have to be very careful while answering these questions. This section tests the judgment and other skills related to presence of mind and analytical ability of a candidate.
The most important topics to look out for from this section are: Analogy, Classification, Series problems, Ranking, Sitting Arrangements, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Statement and Conclusions, Directions, Blood Relations, Data sufficiency, Assumptions and Direction Sense Test. Questions from paper cutting and folding and mirror images are also asked.
No exact formulas are there to solve the questions; all you need to do is, solve them with patience with logical thinking.
1. Practice daily.
2. Simply use your common sense to solve the puzzles.
3. Make your own formulas to solve questions.
4. While answering the questions related to statement and assumptions, try to solve them imagining yourself as a mature person.
Suggested Books –
You can also take the help of these books because these books can change your way of thinking.
- Analytical Reasoning (M K Pandey)
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (R S Aggarwal)
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Hindi (Kiran Publication)
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal English (B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwali)
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning – English (A K Gupta)
If you follow above tips and strategies, you will surely be able to score well inReasoning Section of SSC CGL 2016 Exam easily.
The English language section is the most scoring section in your paper. This section is not only important but also very difficult for aspirants to crack.
But from an exam point of view, if you spend time consistently, you can perform well in it in relatively less time as compared to Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning sections.
The number of questions from each topic and their difficulty level has remained similar over the years. As you know this subject contains 25 questions –
Topics to give more focus on are:
- Sentence Improvement
- reading comprehension
- Spotting Errors
- one-word substitution
- Spelling Mistakes
- Fill in the blank
1. You should work on improving your Grammar Part, as the paper is all based on English Grammar.
2. You should practice reading a lot.
3. Make reading your Daily habit.
4. Read newspapers, magazines, good articles on daily basis.
5. Apart from reading, you have to solve mock test papers.
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Perfect Competitive English by V. K. Sinha
- Competitive General English by Kiran Prakshan
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
General Awareness for SSC CGL 2016 is the most important section in the SSC CGL Exam. The SSC CGL GK section is also very lengthy in which if you prepare well, will result in good score consuming lesser time. You may get confusing options to select the correct answers. You have to answer confidently. Make sure you answer only when you are 100% sure, as chances of negative marking is more in this section. Follow the tips given below to prepare GK for SSC CGL.
1. Make it a habit to know what is happening in the world around you.
2. Solve previous year papers.
3. Stay updated with the daily news events and current affairs.
4. Grab the complete knowledge of all the fields given below:
- General Science
Suggested Books :
Lucent’s general knowledge
Study Material of Grade Up
Note: This section acquires more importance because this is the only section which can be attempted quickly i.e. in 12-15 minutes and at the same time, decent marks can be scored in this section if prepared well.
The questions in this section are designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidates. The scope of quantitative ability is clearly defined and is limited to class 10th level mathematics. All you need to do is attempt the questions with good accuracy. The level of this section is expected to be of moderate.
The section consists of questions from topics like ratio and proportion, profit and loss, time, distance and work, average, alligation, elementary mensuration, algebra, trigonometry, geometry etc.
1. You should practice all variety of questions.
2. Learn more tables. It will help you in solving questions with a good speed.
3. While preparing, use short tricks to solve the questions.
. Let’s look at some of these best aptitude books.
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra
- “Platform Series” by Rukmini Publications
- K. Tyra for Quantitative Aptitude
- Chapter-wise Quantitative Aptitude by Kiran Publications
Time Management of your study plan is very important. Time management strategy is also required in taking exams and which section should be given how much time slot. These things are important to prepare for the exams and crack it with better score. You will find aspirants saying that they could not complete the test on time or wasted more time on one section and could not attempt the other. Hence, i find it the important part to figure out which sections are important and scoring.
Few points have collected and which may help you to make your plan:
- Study daily at least 6-8 hours, if starting from the scratch and not doing any other work. If working, devote 2-3 hours daily with half an hour on each section.
- Make a Study plan that will finish your syllabus.
- Figure out your weak and strong sections or topics and work on that.
- Figure out which sections require how much time slot in the exam from the total time of 120 minutes.
- All questions in the exam is not possible to attempt. Hence, need to know how much questions you are doing in 120 minutes of each sections and not wasting time on one section and leaving the other.
Revise what you have studied
Revision If you are done with your preparation, then it’s just not all enough. You have to do revision of all the topics you have studied. Usually students don’t get much time to revise, but this is the big mistake that usually students make. So for this, when you make study plan do the following things: –
- Write down the important things that you need to revise, once you are done.
- Write important short tricks and formulas.
- Write the important events you should remember.
If you are reaching near your examination date, you need to revise every topic and again read and practice the weak zone to counter it. Now, you no need to practice more and more new questions or read questions. You have to do is just read the concepts again and practice the Marked questions
Now as we are over with the discussion over the section wise preparation and book reference, please keep one thing in mind that we have suggested you important topics according to previous year exam papers and the experience of students who have cracked the exams.
preparation tips and strategy for SSC CGL
PREPARATION STRATEGIES AND BOOKS for SSC CGL-
There are lots of books in book stores for SSC. They all claim that after reading those books,you will clear the exam easily. I don’t know the veracity of their claim. But I want to tell that When I had started my preparation, I have no one to guide me about books and strategies. So, I bought almost every book. I have 4 to 5 math books of different publication. But after reading those books partly, I realized that which one is good book and which one is not upto the mark of SSC. And then I started my preparation from the best book. Books may differ from person to person. May be “Jo book maine padha hai,dusra banda jiska selection hua hai,ho sakta hai ki wo ye book na padha hoga”. But I have started my preparation from zero level. So, I think that the books which I am going to tell here will be beneficial for all.
- For Mathematics-
- Objective Mathematics by MAHESH MISHRA(Sumitra Publication).
[Don’t buy the tricky mathematics by MAHESH MISHRA because it is not possible to learn every trick. Conceptual clarity is necessary which u will find in Objective Mathematics by MAHESH MISHRA.](This book comes in Hindi)
- Advanced Mathematics (Lucent Publication)
[Try to learn every concept and theorem first and then start solving questions.] May be Some questions will not be solved. Skip those questions. Solve every previous question given at the end of chapter.
There are also lot of good Advanced mathematics books but I have prepared from this book only. This book is good . J
Lot of persons suggest to read ‘QUANTUM CAT’ written by Survesh Kumar Gupta. That book is awesome. But that book is made for CAT only. So the questions are very vast. So, better to skip this book. You can read the theorem and concept of Geometry and Mensuration from this book if u have this book otherwise the above mentioned book is enough.
- FOR ENGLISH-
- SSC ENGLISH(MB BOOKS PUBLICATION) BY Ajay Kumar Singh
[This book is just awesome. The study material given in this book is very concise but it is best.] But yes,there are some errors in this book. But still this book is best.
Read everything from this book. There are about 116 sets(previously asked questions). Complete each and every set voraciously. That means that solve one or two sets every day from the book and then analyze it fully. For example,common error mai answer and explanation ki help se dekho ki kaun sa part error tha ..reason kya tha uska.. Learn by rote every synonym and antonym asked in the sets. Also learn the Word Meaning given at the end of each set to improve your vocabulary and for SSC and try to use those words in your daily life so that those words will be in your mind forever. Ish book ka ek ek chiz padh dale…
Whatever I am saying ,It is my real experience.. So do try it..With the help of reading newspaper and with this book , I was able to score 170 marks out of 200 marks in English. So, believe me and go ahead.
- If you are able to complete the above mentioned book fully then you can try ‘OBJECTIVE GENERAL ENGLISH’ by R.S. AGARWAL also. But first complete the above mentioned SSC ENGLISH BOOK.The most important thing to improve your English is to read english newspaper daily for 1 hour. Any English newspaper will do a lot. Initially Hindi medium student will not be able to understand the newspaper. But don’t lose your courage. Jo v samajh aata h,utna hi samjho.. But do read newspaper daily. Gradually you will see that you are able to understand English newspaper. Daily matlab har din padhna hai..Koi bahana nahi chalega.. Within 2-3 months of continuous study of newspaper, your English will improve a lot.. Reading newspaper will help you inCOMPREHENSION,CLOSE TEST,PARA JUMBLE,SENTENCE IMPROVEMENT ETC. I have seen people that 5-6 din newspaper padhe,kuch samajh nahi aaya to chhor dete h padhna.. Aishe nahi chalega.. Atleast 2 to 3 months chahiye.. So read newspaper daily specially for hindi medium students.
- How to prepare for REASONING-
This is the easiest section of SSC CGL. NO NEED TO BUY BOOK FOR REASONING. Just practice it from Kiran Sets. That’s it.. After practicing 20 to 30 sets, You can easily score 45 to 48 out of 50 in exam.
- How to prepare for GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-
- Lucent General Knowledge(available in Hindi and English both)
I was very dull in General Knowledge. When I had given SSC CGL 2013 Exam which was cancelled, I had got Minus 1 (-1) marks in GS section. So, You can imagine what my GS section would be at that time. Then one of my friends suggested to read Lucent. When I started lucent, I was learning everything by rote. That means mai pura ek ek chiz ratta mar raha tha.. Usse problem ye hua ki 1 se 2 page ratta marne mai mujhe 3 se 4 ghante (hours) lag jate the..thode din bad mai wo v bhul jata tha..then again my friend suggested me to Just read this book daily again and again..Usne bola “ratta mat mar.Kewal book ko har din padho.matlab ki agar mai aj 3 se 4 page padha to phir kal v ussi 3 se 4 page padhna hoga aur phir tisre din agla 4 se 5 page padhna hoga..phir one week bad sara ko repeat karna hoga.. (He said ,”don’t try to learn it by rote Just read the book again and again. Like if u r reading page no. 1 to 4 today,then revise this again next day,and after that next day read page no.5 to 8 and then again revise it next day and so on.. After one or two week,revise from page no.1). Actually whatever he said is on the basis of the research done by scientist which says that if one study like this,then whatever he read ,will be in mind for a long time. Then I did the same and I saw the improvement in me. This method worked very well and mujhe sara history ,civics etc. ish book se pura yaad ho gaya tha.. You will not believe but I want to share that I had scored -1 in GS section in 2013 CGL but due to this method, I scored 28 marks out of 50 in CGL in 2014. Now You can realize that I am not a unique guy. I am just a simple guy like you.. So,adopt this method and read this book. But you will have to study GS section every day..
- If you have time, then you can also read NCERT BOOKS of Social Science and Science FROM CLASS 6 TO 10. If you are able to complete these books then I want to tell You will surely get very good marks in GS Section. But If you have lack of time then Lucent General Knowledge will help you a lot. But NCERT books are best.
5.FOR PRACTICE SETS-
I have seen people vociferously saying “Mujhe paramount ki Practise sets dilwa do
“ . I am not saying that Practice sets of Paramount is bad. It is a good set book. And their test series is also very good. But I want to tell that If you don’t have practice set of PARAMOUNT or You have not their test series, then It’s not a problem. I and my friends have not practiced from Paramount.
For Practicing Modal Questions, You can buy “SSC CGL PRACTICE SETS OF KIRAN PUBLICATION, DELHI” . It is also a very good set book. At the beginning of preparation, I used to think,”Practice sets se kya hoga”. But gradually I realized that this is the one thing which will ultimately take you near to your success in SSC. Because when you start solving questions sets, then your speed ,accuracy will improve. It will also help you better for preparing each section of the exam. But the method to solving sets is –
- FIRST, complete the chapters of Mathematics and make your concept clear.Also, complete self study sections(given at the beginning) of SSC ENGLISH BY MB BOOKS.Then start solving 1 practice set every day.After completing practice set, analyze it completely i.e. see the question in all the sections which you were not able to solve or find difficulty in solving. Write them down in separate note book. Also see the general knowledge section and see the explanation and remember them. Also, see common error, antonym synonym, Idioms and phrases, close test etc in English section. In short, to get the benefit of solving practice sets, It is mandatory to analyze set completely.If you have one or two friend and they are sincere in studies then you can solve Modal sets with them. It will make solving practice set enjoyable. Because solving Modal questions alone sometimes makes bore. But if you don’t have good friends I mean If you have those friends who just want having fun in life without thinking about their career and family, then it’s better to practice modal sets alone. I hope everyone is getting my point.
DO’S AND DON’TS-
BELOW MENTIONED THINGS SHOULD BE TAKEN IN CONSIDERATION IF YOU WANT TO CLEAR SSC IN FIRST ATTEMPT WITH VERY GOOD MARKS-
- I have seen people making Whatsapp Study groups. First, I want to tell straight forward that Whatsapp se padhai nahi ho sakti. Many people may oppose my this advice. They will say or think that Whatsapp mai general studies ke bahut sare material mil jata hai padhne ko.. Some will say or think that Mathematics mai koi problem hai,wo solve ho jata hai and all that.. My friends used to make Whatsapp group and they used to send G.K. and other stuffs through Whatsapp. But I never joined any group. Because “Jitna time ap Whatsapp mai padhne mai doge,utna time mai ap General Knowledge ki book padh loge aur usse jyada sikh loge.” If even now someone doesn’t agree with me,then I can’t do anything in this regard. Do whatever you want to do. But according to me, Whatsapp se padhai nahi hogi ya agar hui bhi to bahut kam,time jyada waste hoga.
- Having Girlfriend in life I am not saying that Don’t make girlfriend or If you have girl friend or boy friend then break your relation. I am just saying that Just see that If you have girlfriend or boyfriend, then is it hampering your preparation for the exam? You have heard a idiom,” KUCH PANE KE LIYE,KUCH KHONA HOTA HAI”. I am not saying that apne gf/bf ko chhor do. I am saying that Give less time to your boyfriend/girlfriend and give more time to your studies. Because after getting job, You can enjoy your life with your love mates. But you fail to secure a job then everything will be destroyed. I have lots of friends in towns preparing for SSC/BANK, they used to talk to their girlfriend for 3 to 4 hours and thus wasting their time. Sometimes, due to a small dispute between him and her, He can’t concentrate in his studies. He is still struggling for the job. So, It’s better to decide first What you want in your life? Do you want happiness of your family or loved ones who are spending thousands of rupees for your study? Or Do you want to betray them ? In my opinion, if one have girlfriend or boyfriend,then he/she should be supportive. He or she should say ,”first make your life, take a government job and I am always with you J”. Because in today’s era, some people make girlfriend or boyfriend ,just for fun. They don’t think about their happiness. They just want to have fun. I hope you are getting my point. So, Please keep it in your mind. J
- Don’t be alcoholic. According to research done by various scientists,”Having alcohol on regular basis reduce concentration. It will also hamper your study.
- Don’t make lots of friends. I am not saying that don’t make friends. Make friends but don’t be indulge with them every time. Make limited friends who will help you in your studies. When aspirants study in hostels or taking room in rent, they make lots of friends. The problem is that When you study,they come to your room and you started talking to them. Sometimes,they will say “chalo yaar ghum kea ate hai” and you go with them. It can be a obstacle in your way to your dream job. If you have friends ,tell them straightly that this time is for your studies. And You can go with them in evening to make mind fresh.
- Do excerise on regular basis. I am not saying to go to gym and all. A simple walking in the morning or evening alone or with friends is enough to make your mind healthy . You can spend one to two hours in the evening with your friends but only one to two hours.
- People think that those who are selected in SSC/BANK, study 24×7 or for 10 to 12 hours a day. This is completely a myth. Selected students say like this just to impress others. But some students really study for 10 hours. But in my opinion, if you study for 3 to 4 hours a day with full concentration,then that time is enough to clear SSC/BANK within 6 months. But the time in which u study,should be only for study. It means that don’t use Whatsapp or facebook while studying. It reduces concentration. In short, If you study 3 to 4 hours daily on regular basis with solving practice sets for 2 hours and giving 1 hour to analyze set,then this (3+2+1=6 hours) is enough to clear the exam within less than 6 months. J
- Make separate id in Facebook. And Don’t make friends in that id. Just join some good groups of SSC like SSC NAUKRI, TARGET INTERVIEW GROUP,SSCTUBE etc. to get updates regarding exam date, preparation strategies and for tips. But again I want to clear here that don’t waste too much time in Facebook. Just see the updates of the group which is helpful for your studies. And then just log out. Don’t give more than half hour in it.
- Many people think to commit suicide when they don’t clear the exam. I am requesting you all that Please never do this. I know you guys are listening sarcastic words from others when you are not clearing the exam. But never think to commit suicide. Life is precious. If a person don’t clear the exams then it doesnot mean that He can’t do anything in life. Government job is not everything. Give your best to achieve Government job. But if you don’t get a government job then You can do private jobs as well. I have seen people starting from very low position from private jobs and going to very high post with experience and with their hard work. So, never be sad. Just be positive and give your best.
- When I had started my preparation for SSC, I met some students who were extremely brilliant in some sections. Like I have met a student who had remembered more than 10,000 words from “OBJECTIVE GENERAL ENGLISH”. I also met a person who has completed General Knowledge by Lucent Publication completely by rote. That time I used to think that if these brilliant students are not able to clear SSC then How will I clear SSC ? But in due course, I realized that If one is brilliant in one section (say in ENGLISH) and he is weak in others sections, then it doesn’t mean that he will clear the exam. For clearing SSC,One should have command over each section viz. Reasoning, Mathematics, English. I will not say about General Knowledge section because ye almost sabki weakness hoti hai :p . even meri v ye weakness hai. So no need to bother about it. I am not trying to say that one should be brilliant in each section. I am just saying that one should have command over each section. I hope you all are getting my point.
- AT LAST, I want to tell you all that Just keep believe in yourself. There is no substitute for hard labour. Here hard labour doesn’t mean to study for 10 to 12 hours. Here hard labour means that one should study for 5 to 6 hours only with full dedication. Don’t listen to failure people who used to say that You can’t clear SSC/BANK. Just keep believe and I assure you that you will definitely clear the exam. And that will be the slap on the face of those failure people. I also want to make clear that “Kewal suggestion lene se kuch na hoga. Un suggestion ko adopt karna hoga aur apna best dena hoga.” I also used to give suggestions to my friends,they listen to me and they do whatever I say to them for one or two week and again they stop implementing those suggestions in their studies. For example, When I tell my friends to read English Newspaper daily then used to read it for 1 or 2 weeks and they started saying that there is no use of reading newspaper. I want to tell you all that 1 ya 2 week padhne se na hoga.. Study continuously for atleast 4 to 5 months then see the difference in you by yourself.